Telemedicine Services at Foot, Ankle & Leg Center
Can’t make it to our office? We May Still be Able to Help!
It can be challenging at times to come into the office for an appointment—sometimes even impossible. This has become especially true during the current COVID-19 pandemic that is impacting all our lives, but we can face difficult circumstances during other moments, too.
At the same time, it is important that you find the relief and treatment you need.
Fortunately, we have a way for you to stay on top of managing your foot and ankle care when you are physically unable to come to our office:
Regardless of whether you are constrained by illness or quarantine, lack of transportation, scheduling conflicts, or any other reason, a telemedicine appointment can allow access to expert insight and analysis from a foot and ankle specialist—all without leaving your home.
What is telemedicine?
Telemedicine is when we use technology (i.e. videoconferencing software and screens) to provide clinical services to you. An in-person visit is not required.
Essentially, Dr. Richer can visually see your foot and ankle, communicate directly with you, and answer any questions you may have – all while you remain in the comfort of your own home.
Is telemedicine right for you?
Appointment types that work very well for a virtual consult include:
- Initial inspections. Dr. Richer can visually inspect your foot or ankle over video. He can then provide a diagnosis and/or recommend the next steps of action.
- Check-up appointments. Dr. Richer can examine how a wound is healing or talk with you about how your rehabilitation is going (following a previous treatment).
- Questions and advice. Have a question about your health care and want answers from a real medical professional? Telemedicine is by far the easiest way to do it.
- Prescriptions. We can take refill requests over telemedicine, if needed.
Our telemedicine appointments are ideal for those who have to stay home, can’t leave their children, don’t have readily available transportation, or otherwise can’t or prefer not to visit our office.
If it is determined that you should come in for an in-office appointment and treatment, we can discuss how to do so in the ways that are best and safest for you. We are taking great caution in keeping our office as sanitized and low-risk as possible, and can bring you in straight from your car to the exam room with as little social exposure as necessary.
What do you need for your appointment?
Before scheduling your telemedicine appointment, please ensure that you have or will have:
- A device capable of making and receiving video calls, such as a smartphone, tablet, or laptop computer with webcam and microphone capabilities.
- A stable, reliable internet connection
- A private, quiet, and well-lit location to take the call
We also encourage you to have a trusted family member or friend present with you. They can move the camera and take notes, as needed.
You also must schedule your appointment by calling our office at (480) 629-5903 or filling out the form at the bottom of this page. Our staff will be happy to answer any questions you may have, as well as go over the details on how to easily access your telemedicine appointment.
Is telemedicine covered by insurance?
While telemedicine services have been increasingly covered by insurance companies, the answer depends on your specific provider and plan.
Not sure if your insurance plan covers telemedicine appointments? Just call our office at (480) 629-5903 and a staff member will be happy to assist you.
How can you request your telemedicine appointment?
If you’re ready to request your telemedicine appointment with Dr. Richer, please call our office or complete the form below.
We look forward to serving you—wherever you happen to be!